This part of The Fitness Human blog is meant to inspire your overall health and wellbeing. Easy, tasty, and healthy recipes will be posted weekly to ensure an overall healthy lifestyle.
This weeks tasty treat:
Macaroni & Cheese with Broccoli & Chicken
Serves: 8 (2 cups each)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
4 oz. dry whole wheat macaroni (or pasta)
4 tsp. organic butter (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
2 tbsp. unbleached whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/4 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
4 cups chopped steamed broccoli
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. group black pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour. Cook whisking constantly for 1 minute or until brown. (Don’t let it burn)
- Slowly whisk in almond milk. Cook whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes or until moisture thinkers or there isn’t any lumps.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese. Cook whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- Add chicken, broccoli, salt, and pepper. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
(You can use quinoa if you are gluten-free instead of flour)
From: Fixate by Autumn Calabrese