Macaroni & Cheese with Broccoli & Chicken
Serves: 8 (2 cups each)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
4 oz. dry whole wheat macaroni (or pasta)
4 tsp. organic butter (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
2 tbsp. unbleached whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/4 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
4 cups chopped steamed broccoli
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. group black pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour. Cook whisking constantly for 1 minute or until brown. (Don’t let it burn)
- Slowly whisk in almond milk. Cook whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes or until moisture thinkers or there isn’t any lumps.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese. Cook whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- Add chicken, broccoli, salt, and pepper. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
(You can use quinoa if you are gluten-free instead of flour)
From: Fixate by Autumn Calabrese